A bit of the beaten track. The Road palace

A trip from St. Petersburg to Moscow in the eighteenth century was a serious journey that took several days on the road through the Tverskoy tract. Meant to be a place of royal rest before the entry into Moscow, the Road Palace was built in honor of the successful completion of the Russo-Turkish War of 1768-1774 by the decree of Catherine II.

The Road Palace has preserved its beauty and dignity till nowadays and continues to be a place for pleasant leisure time.

Tourists are welcome to visit fancy branches, enjoy Russian opera or just have a peaceful walk along the historic walls of the Palace.

Leave a Reply


5 + 4 =